Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Click to Download!
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.1.1 changelog:
Click to Download!
- Fix loading PyKrita when using PyQt 5.11 (patch by Antonio Rojas, thanks!) (BUG:396381)
- Fix possible crashes with vector objects (BUG:396145)
- Fix an issue when resizing pixel brushes in the brush editor (BUG:396136)
- Fix loading the system language on macOS if more than one language is enabled in macOS
- Don’t show the unimplemented color picker button in the vector object tool properties docker (BUG:389525)
- Fix activation of the autosave time after a modify, save, modify cycle (BUG:393266)
- Fix out-of-range lookups in the corss-channel curve filter (BUG:396244)
- Fix an assert when pressing PageUp into the reference images layer
- Avoid a crash when merging layers in isolated mode (BUG:395981)
- Fix loading files with a transformation mask that uses the box transformation filter (BUG:395979)
- Fix activating the transform tool if the Box transformation filter was selected (BUG:395979)
- Warn the user when using an unsupported version of Windows
- Fix a crash when hiding the last visible channel (BUG:395301)
- Make it possible to load non-conforming GPL palettes like
- Simplify display of the warp transformation grid
- Re-add the Invert Selection menu entry (BUG:395764)
- Use KFormat to show formatted numbers (Patch by Pino Toscano, thanks!)
- Hide the color sliders config page
- Don’t pick colors from fully transparent reference images (BUG:396358)
- Fix a crash when embedding a reference image
- Fix some problems when saving and loading reference images (BUG:396143)
- Fix the color picker tool not working on reference images (BUG:396144)
- Extend the panning range to include any reference images
Download: Krita 4.1.1 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.1.1 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot