Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre’s features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 3.28.0:
- Allow creating rules to transform author names when adding books to calibre. Accessible via Preferences->Adding books->Adding actions . Closes tickets: 1780152
- Add a similar author mapper tool to manipulate author names in the existing library. Accessible via Preferences->Toolbars
- Add a similar author mapper tool for metadata downloading, accessible via Preferences->Metadata download
- Comments Editor: Add options to change the case of the selected text to the right click menu. Closes tickets: 1780469
- Edit book: When sorting non text files in the File list recognize numbers in the file names. Closes tickets: 1781721
- calibredb catalog: Recognize file extensions even when they are not lowercase
New news sources
- Il Post by frafra
- Bloomberg Columnists by Dale Furrow
Improved news sources
- Sunday Times Magazine UK
- The Economist
- The Houston Chronicle
- El cohete a la luna
- CBC Canada
Download: Calibre 3.28.0 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~60.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 3.28.0 for MacOS | 76.8 MB
Download: Calibre 3.28.0 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot